Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Had Fun

I got a call from the music director of Carlos Santana's new restaurant, Maria Maria, on Tuesday. I was brought in to play last night (Friday) and have been asked back for the next two Thursdays. There's no part of what I just typed that doesn't kick ass. Last night, I had fun. It was a good sized crowd, a restaurant crowd, which is typically a crowd that is more tuned to talking, not listening. But these people were great.

They pipe me through the whole house and outside to the massive patio. It was a lot clearer out on the patio than inside due to acoustics but still a good time. I look forward to going back and next time, I'm getting some food. The menu looked really good. Everyone I asked said they thought the food was great!

Now, today, I shall spend with my girls and in laws. Finish up a new song I've been working on and the likelihood of me eating donuts is pretty high at this point. It's overcast right now, at 6am. It feels good. The heat will settle in later and we'll all wanna hang out in a cold bath so I'm gonna love this moment.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be performing 4-7 at Hennessey's Tavern in Pacific Beach. If you are in the area, come on by. I gotta song I wanna sing to you

No comments:

Post a Comment