Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roller Coasters

When I was in college I wrote a paper on how life was a roller coaster. Ground breaking... I know. Yesterday was a great example of that.

Started the day off with exciting news on some new gigs. Picked up a final cut Master of my new full length album, We Got Love. Had fun at the San Diego Zoo with my 2 year old. Picked up my 8 year old from school-her teacher said she's been doing really well! All awesome! All great things.

Back in to my car park area to see someone in my rear view walking from my back yard into the alley. Ran to the side of the house to notice all of my recycling* was gone. Sprinted into the alley while this low life peeled out out and ran from me like a coward. I chased this truck on foot for about 50 meters or so and got the license number.

Called it in and loaded my girls up because we had to go to a doctor's appointment. Meaning the dispatcher on 911 can't take a report because I had to leave. I won't go into detail but my daughter seeing the doctor was more important. On the way to the doctor, I saw a squad car heading towards me. I flagged him down and it was the officer responding to my call. I was able to get him a good description etc. and from our conversation it appears that this is becoming quite a problem in the neighborhood. So it was good (lucky) I was able to run into him.

Get to the appointment at the Family Health Center (I know, I know. This is truly the glamorous life of a musician) and we wait around. They were much more prompt than normal which was a good thing. We had a 1:30 appointment and were able to lave by 3:45. *sigh*

So my adrenaline is still going, I'm pissed off about this thief, excited about the new album but most of all just wanting my girls to feel loved, safe and help them create fond lasting memories. By the time I picked up my wife I was ready to go to sleep. It was 7pm. I was done. Too many high highs and low lows. But we live to see another day and have an opportunity to make the most of it. Which we will.

*side note. In the state of California you pay 5 cents per unit on bottled and canned drinks. It's called CRV. So if you buy a twelve pack of soda, you automatically pay 60 cents on top of whatever the price is AND tax. Same with water etc.

Come Hang Out With Me!!!

Tonight: Hotel Indigo's Phi Bar 6pm 509 9th Ave SD CA 92101
Friday: Java Jones Coffeehouse 7pm 631 9th Ave SD CA 92101
Saturday: Wit's End 9pm 420 Robinson SD CA 92103
Sunday9(solo): Comedy Palace 7pm 8878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd SD CA 92123

No comments:

Post a Comment