Friday, August 5, 2011

Legendary Moments With Legendary People


Last night, in the village of Rancho Santa Fe, I was fortunate to perform my music in the welcoming environent of Timmons Galleries

It is set back behind a craft store, restaurants and other offices in the village and is an open and inspiring space operated BY Leigh Timmons. She is a friendly soul that greets people with a warmth that I haven't experienced in an art gallery before. This month, she is showcasing photographer Neal Preston and his incredible moments captured in the lives of some of the most iconic performers of rock n roll.

The gallery is an open artist loft with stained concrete floors and walls lined with beautifully framed photographs of Bob Marley, Prince, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger, Tina Turner and many more. The photos were taken during live performances and personal times of the artists. To perform my songs within this space last night, amidst the legends and icons, was both humbling and a huge honor. As they weren't there in person, I felt as though I was performing for them in spirit.

Next Thursday, August 11th, I have been asked back to perform. I'm incredibly excited to return to such a creative and inspiring space to perform again. The event takes place between 5:30 and 8:30, with complimentary wine and ambience a la me.

I encourage you, if you're a lover of music, photography and art, to please take the pleasant, winding drive to the heart of Rancho Santa Fe Village, meet Leigh and support her gallery. Located at 6024 D Paseo Delicias Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067.

I'll see you there next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment