Friday, August 26, 2011

Let The Revolution... Continue!

To clarify, I'm completely late to the game and I acknowledge that. But that doesn't change the fact that I love to take the lead and run with it. I recently discovered juicing and I'm loving it. In typical 'me' fashion, I tell everyone I come in contact with about it. The amount of natural energy I've received from the most natural of sources has me befuddled. The first couple of days I thought maybe it was a placebo effect. But it continues without fail. I'm energized!




I'm off of coffee (I drank 3 or more cups a day) and off of soda (3 or more cans a day) and I'm doing my best to stick to the micro nutrients, fruits, vegetables, beans, seeds and nuts. Something i learned about watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross. I recommend this movie to anyone looking to get inspired to make a real change in their life. As I've said before, I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist or a physical trainer. I'm just a guy that has a burning ambition to be the best me I can for my wife, my kids and you!

So I'm gonna share some things I do that can combat the hurdles people have of being too busy.

1: If you are a TV watcher, i.e. you have your favorite shows that you watch to relax at night or wind down and you don't have time to go to a gym, this does not have to be a stagnant time. During commercial break get on the ground and do ab crunches. Alternate by doing push ups. Start with your knees on the couch and gradually progress to having your feet on the couch. Commercial breaks are typically 2-5 minutes, This is plenty of time to get many reps in and get a good work out, WHILE YOU WATCH TV!

2: Park as far as possible from the store you are going in while doing errands. On the way out, use the bags as dumbbells to work those arms and shoulders (as long as you didn't just buy a TV)

3: Go to a gym! We go to the YMCA. They have a great daycare and its included with the membership. Our kids love it there and have lots of friends there now. I was apprehensive about this because if you know me, you know I don't want anyone watching my kids but me. But they've definitely won me over.

4: After dinner, go for a walk. Eating dinner and going straight to bed is a great way to get fat. It doesn't take a doctorate to know that. And stop making dinner the heaviest meal of the day. Keep it light. This is a great time to stick to the micro nutrients!

5: If you have a hard time motivating yourself, find a friend to be accountable to. Push each other to be better each day

6: Have a goal. 3 pounds a month if you're looking to lose weight. It's not a lot but after a year that's 36 pounds! If you are able to do this and do basic activities such as walking, crunches, push ups and squats you'll be a new you within a year. Think about how fast a year goes by. Exactly. Do it!

7: Cutting soda out of your diet completely will help the previous goal by leaps and bounds. Diet or not, soda is made of syrup. It lingers. It never benefits you. Yeah, I know. It tastes great! So does McDonald's and other fast foods. I never went to a fast food place believing I was getting some nutritional value from it, I went because it tasted good to me. Plain and simple. I have just chosen to avoid it all together.

8: And always, if you're physically capable, take the stairs



The main thing to remember is this: You can do whatever you put your mind to. Nobody can stop you from becoming a better you because you decide what you do and do not do with your body with regards to what you put in it and how often you exercise.

So, back to my clarification. I'm late to this party. But I'm at this party now. And I intend to make it a better party than it was before. So, let the revolution... continue!

Follow or don't...

*I'm not a doctor, these images were taken off of google images. Always consult a physician before embarking on any new exercise or diet regimen

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I have found that changing the little things makes a huge difference. Like taking the stairs instead of the lift. I plan to get back to walking to work (40 minutes each way) - starting this week. I have swopped my main meal to lunchtime and eat a lighter snack in the evening.

    ReplyDelete