Saturday, December 5, 2009

A BBQ or a Roast?

Eat, drink and be merry just took on a whole new meaning...

I have friends that are comedians. A bunch of them and me got together for a BBQ at RJ Dharni's place and to gear up for an upcoming show we will be doing on Dec 20th at the Ken Club. Live Comedy Live will be an incredibly funny show and I get to be the opening act as the musician. When hanging out with funny people, you're bound to laugh.

I've learned that while hanging with this selection of friends, all sensitivities should be left at the door. While being surrounded by people whose sole purpose in life is to find something or someone to laugh at, it's important to be on your A game and watch what comes out of your mouth. It ends up not being a BBQ, but a roast of everyone sitting in the circle. The topics of discussion will remain anonymous. The mundane to the unspeakable were breached with wreckless abandon and nothing was off limits. It's definitely NOT a place for the faint of heart, the squeamish or the easily offended.

As I sat there trading barbs with all the others and laughing at others as well as myself I realized something:
if the whole world were like this, able to laugh at themselves and not take certain taboo subjects so seriously. If everyone could join in and laugh at each other and themselves, what an awesome world we would live in

We ended the night with some very exciting news regarding an upcoming venue and great performance possibilities.

I laughed at other people, I laughed at myself and I saw things that made me wanna gouge my eyeballs out with my own fingers...

the burgers weren't half bad either

No comments:

Post a Comment