Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Duet For the Ages

Have yourself a merry little Christmas...

These were the words sung in harmony last night by the incredible Laura Kuebel and myself at the Coffeehouse Radio Live @ Java Jones East Village. My weekly event. Laura was my featured artist of the week and my first holiday duet. It was a lot of fun!

Laura herself hails from Ohio. A Midwestern girl that, when I listen to her, evokes the spirit of a Tom Petty and a Natalie Merchant. I've spent all morning listening to her album, Along For the Ride. It's seven songs of creative songwriting with a wonderful mix of sounds. Banjo, piano, violin, mandolin along with th standard guitar, bass and drums.

This album could go well on a country music station, an acoustic station or a pop radio station. I highly recommend this record to any person that likes music. Produced by my friend Will Edwards, a Coffeehouse Radio Live Alum and member of my elite speed dial club.

I hope you have yourself a merry Christmas, Chanukkah, Kwanza or whatever it is you celebrate. For my atheist friends out there, I hope every day is good to you as well.

Peace on Earth, good will to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment