Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lucky In My Friends


A wise man once said to me to surround yourself with people that are smarter than you...

I have a number of friends in the comedy scene here in San Diego. Funny people, as in funny ha ha not funny queer (as Slingblade would say). Mmmm, french fried potaters... What was I saying? Oh yeah! I have a number of friends in the comedy scene here in San Diego. We met at open mics mostly. Which is an awesome way to help grow your network and community if you're a musician/comedian.

The first comedian to ever reach out to me was Christian Spicer(www.christianspicer.com) the self proclaimed half Danish half douche bag. Very funny guy, can't see him if he turns side ways. That may sound mean but this is what they call in the corporate world- the compliment sandwich. Talk about something good, well, you get the idea.

Moving along, the reason I bring up Christian, is because he approached me one time and asked me to be part of his comedy shows. At this point, I had never been part of a comedy show but definitely wanted to be. I love comedy. It makes me laugh(how un ironic). So we've forged a relationship, an amalgam of comedy and music that has been awesome. For me it has exposed me to more people that wouldn't normally see me and has presented scores of other opportunities for me and my music career. Not to mention a lot of new friends that are comedians because of him liking my music and making me a part of his world.

This Sunday at the Kensington Club in the Kensington neighborhood of San Diego will be the first of many shows Christian and Rajan Dharni will be producing. It is their first room of their own and they have given me the honor of opening the show. Needless to say, I am extremely grateful and pretty damn excited! National headliner Erik Knowles will be headlining the show. He's just off of a tour with Sarah Silverman and Zack Gallafinakis. Not to mention Christian and Rajan will make you piss your pants. The line up is stellar and you can go!

Email your reservations to LiveComedyLive@gmail.com with your name and the number of people in your party and it will be $3 only for you to get in (per person) or $5 at the door on Sunday Dec. 20th at 7pm. Live Comedy Live will be an incredible show that you do NOT want to miss.

*there are a number of comedians who have shown me great love. I wanna mention them all. I hope I don't forget any of them...
Christian Spicer, Rajan Dharni, Matin Atrushi, Joe and Rachel Robinson, Robert Lariviere, Adam Sank, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Chip Nicholson, Kim Thompson, Mal Hall, Billy Bonnell dammit I'm drawing a blank. You all know who you are and I love you!

1 comment:

  1. You are an extremely talented musician and a truly genuine person...happy to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete