Monday, April 26, 2010

Truly Blessed

What a day. It ain't even over. It's been a bit overwhelming, though. I've been getting a lot of love all day as it is my birthday .I'm truly blessed with hundreds of people that have been very thoughtful toward me. People from my childhood, my high school days, my army days, my bar tending days, my college days, my multiple odd job days and my music days. Along with lots of family, I am truly blessed.

Got an awesome gig booked for June which will require out of state travel. getting lots of radio play and I have a new album available online at http://cdbaby.com/cd/chadcavanaugh2. Go on and download it, because that is what it is there for. For you to download and to listen to. Because I love having people sing along to my songs at shows.

We went to Sushi Deli 2 today. it was awesome. Chicken teriyaki, shrimp tempura and on and on. AWESOME! I recommend it! It was lunch special C.

You wanna know what else is really cool? Our zoo. The San Diego Zoo is an incredible world that transports you to the different regions of the world. It's like going from the Amazon to the rain forests of the Congo. From the Chinese mountain ranges to the Serengeti in Africa and from the North American plains to the Polar wilderness of the North and in between. Soaring Aviaries, elaborate enclosures and a topography that is constantly moving up and down. I have fallen in love with this place and its denizens. Memba, the Silverback, and Frank, the baby Gorilla are a favorite of mine. The African Lions up in the Elephant Odyssey can make your skin crawl when they start roaring. A roar that can be heard throughout the park. The Siamangs that share their habitat with the Urangutans are incredibly entertaining gymnasts and the baby Bactrian camel born March 8th is as adorable as it's papa is drooly. Watching the elephants get their mani/pedis up close is a treat as well. If you can catch the polar bears as they plunge it is a wonder to behold.

Here's a little hint from someone who goes weekly- from the Skyfari you get a great view into the Panda enclosure, the Gorilla enclosure and to the Komodo Dragon.

You're welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment