Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Guarantees


Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Do it today!


I'm a person who wears his emotions on the outside. When I'm on stage I'm very animated, emotional and passionate. I love what I do, whether there are hundreds of people watching or nobodies watching. There is a reason for this...


I've shared with a number of people that I am lucky to be alive. My abuse of substance and penchant for putting myself in extremely dangerous situations pretty much defined my twenties. I've been clean and sober eight and a half years on Nov. 27th. The guitar was something that helped me through the recovery process. It kept my hands occupied. I realized how blessed I am to still be here today. I thank God every day for giving me the chance to sing and play and write music. Every time I get on a stage or have a gig, it is a reminder of just how sweet life can be and just how fortunate I am to be able to do what I do.


I think about a umber of my friends who didn't make it this far. Friends who succumbed to depression, addiction and even suicide. I miss them and think about them often and it makes me realize that there are no guarantees of a tomorrow. When I hear people talk about starting a new way of life-next week/tomorrow/next year, I think back to my friends who are no longer with us.


Do yourself a favor and start living NOW! You're not guaranteed tomorrow, next week or next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment