Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Halloween Horror


Halloween... when people in the suburbs dress up like the Wizard of Oz and women downtown dress up like hookers...


That wasn't all that fair-to hookers. I kid, I kid. Not all the women dress like hookers but some are practically naked, looking like they're offering more than a treat (like maybe a trick). Play on words, people, go with it. This is humor. But to get serious for a moment.


Halloween seems to have become a time for people to push their beliefs on other people. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Think of how pushy these people are about their beliefs and way of life and you would think that you would be safe from this on-of all days-Halloween! Oh no, they strike! And they targeted my tiny little 20 month old, dressed as Glinda the Good Witch.


You guessed it! I'm talking about Vegans! And one of them slipped this vegan product into my daughters basket. Why not just give this little girl rocks instead? I mean really... pushing your beliefs and way of life onto a little girl. On Halloween!?!?!? The candy capitol of the year!?!?!


Let me describe what was put in the basket that I just now discovered. It's a bar-looks like a candy bar so you get excited- but more like a granola bar. It's called a Trio. It's made of 3 seeds, 3 nuts and 3 fruits. It is held together by evaporated cane juice and looks frightening. The nerve!


So... if you wanna know more about this product you can visit http://www.mrsmays.com/. The product is called Trio because it uses 3 seeds, 3 nuts and 3 fruits. I don't know what it costs because it was given to my little girl-who is not old enough to eat something like this yet. Not soft enough for her. But holy sh** is this thing good!!! Hoooooo Doctor was I surprised. Shocked? I was. Especially after hearing the horror stories of vegan cheese etc. This thing was awesome. I recommend getting one and trying it. I think you'll like it-as long as you're not allergic to any of the ingredients. Because then you might hate it.


I guess it's true - you can't judge a book by its cover OR a food just because it's called vegan.


*disclaimer-no vegans were harmed during the writing of this blog. Choose a diet that makes you happy, and respect other peoples diet choices. I love my vegan friends, I'm gonna go eat some meat now*

No comments:

Post a Comment