Wednesday, November 11, 2009

RollerCoasters


It goes up, it goes down. It thrills you and scares you. You wanna get off and you never want it to stop...
I wear my emotions on the outside. I celebrate every little accomplishment, victory and milestone I achieve thru this rollercoaster ride of music. I lost my Stoic manner when I left the Army and now live on a roller coaster.
So many great things have happened in just this week alone. Getting played on the radio again, beginning new friendships, booking fun shows. All highs that get me really excited. But then the lows come along. A place I was really having fun playing and had a number of future shows booked had to close its doors. I'm really bummed, as are my friends that had begun to call this venue "home". It seemed like a launch pad for careers. I had already envisioned the VH1 special about me and talking about how I was discovered there. Haha! I dream big! I'm trying to reality bigger. But this venue, I believe, will reopen in a new location. I have faith in that. Then we can all resume our road to success in our chosen fields of entertainment.
I just realized, looking at the previous paragraph, that I dedicated a huge chunk of this to a negative. So I'm gonna rectify that. Here's a major positive: I have two beautiful daughters and an incredible wife. I am wealthy with love and family and blessed with a gift. I also just got to hang out with one of my favorite radio people, my boy Hula, from AJ in the mornings on Star 94.1FM. I still have a really fun event that I created and am watching grow called the Coffeehouse Radio Live @ Java Jones East Village. It is every Friday night. It showcases a number of local artist via open mic and features, each week, one of San Diego's incredibly talented musicians. I have a lot to be thankful for.
I wanna end this by saying that I am thankful to our armed forces, all of our veterans, for what we have today. I am a veteran of the United States Army Infantry. HUAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment